1. The property including it's contents (“the Property”) is offered for short term furnished holiday rental to the renter (“the Client”) under the following terms and conditions, subject to confirmation by the Agent, COTE D’AZUR VILLA RENTALS Ltd., an English company registered under number 0626740 of 6 Claremont Buildings, Claremont Bank, Shrewsbury SY1 1RJ (UK), on behalf of the owner of the Property (“the Owner”).
2. To reserve the Property, the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it together with the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). On receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Agent, on behalf of the Owner, will send a confirmation statement. This is the formal acceptance of booking.
3. The person in whose name the reservation is made is responsible for the payment of all rental costs and for compliance with these terms and conditions. He will also be held responsible for damage incurred by those sharing the property with him.
4. Reservations can only be accepted from Clients aged 18 or over at the time of the reservation
5. The rental prices include the following:
Prices DO NOT include the following:
6. The Client will reimburse to the Owner the costs of any services not included in the rental price and requested by the Client, either on a set basis or depending on the actual costs incurred.
7. The balance of the rent is payable 8 weeks before arrival. If full payment is not received before arrival, the Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking and refuse admission to the property.
8. Cancellation. If the reservation is cancelled after being confirmed, the 30% deposit paid will be forfeited
9. A security deposit of 2,000 Euros is required to cover possible loss or damage to the Property or its contents. This security deposit will be taken by credit card authorisation two weeks before the arrival date. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and will refund the balance within four weeks of the end of the rental period. Any missing keys will be charged to the Client and the cost of replacement together with an administration charge will be taken out of the security deposit
10. Payment must be made in euros. Deposits may be paid by Bank transfer, Cash, Credit Card or cheque drawn on a French bank only. The Client must pay all bank charges.
11. The rental period shall commence 4.00pm on the first day and end at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
12. The maximum number of people residing in the Property must not exceed 10 without explicit permission of the Owner.
13. Upon arrival and leaving at the Property, a record of the state of repair of the Property and its contents will be made with the Agent. If no record of the state of the Property and its content is made, the Property and furniture will deemed to be in good state of use.
14. Accommodation is provided for the sole purpose of tourism and any commercial use of the property is strictly forbidden. The Client certifies that he is renting the property for the purpose of tourism only and under no circumstances may he establish residence at that address. The Client agrees not to engage in any illegal, illicit, immoral or business-related activity within the Property. The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. It is forbidden to fix objects to the walls and to displace furniture and appliances. For reasons of hygiene, pets are not permitted in the Property unless specified in writing by the Owner or the Agent. All rental properties are non-smoking and any cigarette burns, however slight, will result in the deduction of a minimum of 180€ from the security deposit. The Client must respect the rules and regulations applicable to the property in which his accommodation is situated: he must not be the source of excessive noise or other disruption, which might disturb neighbours, and he must respect regulations concerning the use of the communal areas of any apartment building. Although a final clean is included in the price, the Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property and its contents in an unacceptable condition, at a rate of 25 € per hour and for a minimum of two hours. By prior appointment (or immediately in case of emergency),the Owner and Agent reserve the right to enter the premises at any time.
15. The Client shall report to the Owner or his agent without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, machinery or appliances in the Property so that arrangements for repair and/or replacement can be made as soon as possible.
16. The Owner will insure the Property and its contents (but not the client's possessions), with no extra cost to the Client.
The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for any injury loss of limb or life of the Client, any member of the Client’s party, or any visitors of the Client to the property during the rental period. It is a specific condition of this contract that the client confirms that he and all members of his party has sufficient medical insurance cover, personal injury and personal liability insurance for the duration of their stay in the property.
The Owner shall not be liable to the Client:
17. Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
18. Any exception to these terms and conditions granted by the Agent for the Client’s benefit in no way modifies the present terms and conditions. Complete or partial nullity of any clause in the terms and conditions does not entail the nullity of the other terms and conditions.
19. Any violation of the above terms and conditions will lead to immediate termination of the rental agreement 24 hours following a formal notice to cease such violation, issued by registered mail or by a bailiff. In such case, the Client will be required to vacate the premises immediately and with no compensation whatsoever.
20. This contract shall be deemed to be made in France and is submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the French court (in which territory the Property is located) in respect of any action to be brought pursuant to this contract or as a result of the clients occupation of the premises.
22. Holiday arrangements are booked well in advance and things can change over time. In the unlikely event that the owner needs to alter any part of the booking or cancel the booking in its entirety the owner through the Agent shall notify the renter immediately. In this case the Agent shall use its best endeavours to offer to the renter an alternative villa of similar quality and price. The renter will have the opportunity to accept the changes or cancel the booking and receive a prompt and full refund. No compensation shall be payable and no other claim for compensation or expenses will be accepted.