News and Events from the South of France
The latest news from the South of France.
Here in the South of France and Provence we are lucky enough to be surrounded by a host of excellent golf courses and spring is the perfect time for golfers to visit. The weather is glorious but not too hot, the courses are looking their best and, of course, travel and accommodation are less expensive than in the high summer months.
Some of the key courses such as The Royal Mougins, The Grande Bastide and Terre Blanche are within a few minutes drive of our rental villas here in the South of France and in the spring months you can enjoy some great rates.
The picturesque village of Mougins offers ‘double delight’ to holiday villa renters in the South of France.
There are not many holiday destinations which tick all the boxes, but the charming village of Mougins on the Cote d’Azur comes very close. Just 15 minutes’ drive inland from Cannes and half an hour from Nice airport, Mougins is the first hilltop village which rises from the coast. The stunning panoramic views made it an obvious fortress location during Roman and medieval times. Today, apart from its visual charms - winding cobbled streets, pretty stone houses and a view to die for – there are two big reasons to come to Mougins: ART and FOOD.
Mougins artistic claim-to-fame started in the 20thCentury when artists Pablo Picasso and Fernand Léger set up studios in the village. The fabulous Musée d'Art Classique de Mougins (MACM) links the village’s ancient and modern heritage displaying Roman and Greek antiquities alongside classically influenced works of Picasso, Cezanne, Matisse, Degas, Dufy and Lautrec among others. And the art scene in Mougins is still alive and flourishing. Works of contemporary artists can be seen in studios and galleries throughout the village.
The food culture came later to Mougins, when top chefs Alain Ducasse and Roger Vergé established their reputation at l’Amandier and managed restaurants in the village. L’Amandier is now run by Denis Fetisson who is also head chef at La Place de Mougins (previously Le Feu Follet frequented by Picasso). There are many other contenders to the culinary crown such as favourites La Gaudinade, Le Petit Fouet and the Michelin-starred Paloma. Every September, Mougins hosts a major gastronomic event, ‘the International Gastronomy Festival of Mougins', or 'Les Étoiles de Mougins', attracting chefs, foodies and holiday makers from around the world.
Our specialists in the French Riviera are at your disposal to help you find the ideal rental villa in Mougins for the summer of 2019.
The International Festival of Creativity brings the world's biggest brands and most creative people together at a unique event in Cannes to learn, network and celebrate the power and effectiveness of creativity.
If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, please get in touch as we may still have some very last-minute options available for you!
17th to 21st June
42th Edition of the Armen Festival from 8 to 17th March 2019
The Festival Armen, which was created in 1978, is an event recognised and prized with more than 70 boats competing.
The name ARMEN is a contraction of Art Mer (Sea) and Neige (snow) and of course making reference to the light of the same name.
Less than a month away ! A time when Cannes transforms into a glittering city welcoming the world’s most famous actors and producers. This is possibly the most prestigious rendez-vous in the Cannes calendar and this year’s 72nd Cannes Film Festival jury is lead by the talented Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu.
Time to enjoy the beautiful city of Cannes and to experience the thrill of the red carpet, the expectation of the films all competing for the prized Palme d'Or and of course the time for a little 'people' watching on that most famous of street La Croisette.
If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet, please get in touch as we may still have some very last-minute options available for you! Contact our specialists HERE.
23 to 25 may 2019 !
EasyJet flights for summer 2019 have just been released and are now available to book for next summer. There are some great deals available from Europe-wide destinations to Nice and Marseille Airports.
You know what to do ! And don't forget; #EarlyIsTheNewLate. Book now for great flight and villa prices and availability.
They are back, and for the 20th consecutive year Saint Tropez is preparing to host 300 of the most beautiful classic and modern yachts for the final play-date of the season. Les Voiles de Saint Tropez starts in less than 10 days and it promises some very interesting racing.
Experience the glamour combined with the excitement of watching the beautiful yachts taking part in the celebrated Voiles de St Tropez. We still have availability in some of our stunning properties located throughout the region.
26 September to 6 October 2019 !
MIPIM is one of the largest events in the Cannes congress calendar and is the 'kick off' event which takes place in March each year. This is the event when the global property community visit the South of France to discuss trends, new developments and of course to network on a truly global basis.
This year’s MIPIM edition will welcome more than 26,000 delegates from over 100 countries to its 30th edition in March 2019.
If you are attending MIPIM and have not booked your Cannes accommodation, then please contact our corporate rental specialists urgently to see which villas are still available
TIME TO START YOUR ENGINES ! Friday May 24th , 2019 everybody wants to be in Monaco - Monte Carlo. Home to the most spectacular and most exciting Formula 1 circuit in the world.
If you haven’t booked your accommodation yet then wait no longer and have a look at our last minute availabilities NOW
See you in May for the greatest sport event on the French Riviera.
24-27 May 2019
It’s almost that time of the year again when the world’s leading brands, the most creative agencies and the most innovative media owners meet for the annual Cannes Lions Festival.
This is where it all happens and where the global agenda for creativity in marketing communications is set for the next year and beyond. It’s all about gaining competitive advantage and growth from creativity as Cannes Lions defines the creative communications during a very busy and exciting five-day programme.
Let’s give you some insider tips to help you make your trip to Cannes as successful as possible:
1. Arrival - Our Cote d'Azur Villas clients will all arrive to find some groceries in the fridge. Ask your rental agent to stock your kitchen for you.
2. Transport - Hopefully you're not too far away from the Palais des Festivals but if you are then book your transport before you arrive. Don't leave it till the last minute to realise that you need a cab, you'll be disappointed.
3. Concierge - All our Cannes Lions clients will have access to our dedicated concierge service throughout their stay, whatever the request the team will be happy to help. Make sure your rental agency offers this service, it's vital to the success of your stay here in Cannes.
4. Diary Planning - Have a plan for the event, it will change and evolve as you go through the week and stop you from missing out on the most important events.
5. Timing - Leave time to get from event to event. This is a busy time in Cannes.
If you are attending Cannes Lions and have not booked your Cannes accommodation then please contact our corporate rental specialists urgently to see which villas are still available.
See you all soon for another great Cannes Lions!
A private villa holiday in the South of France is a great way to enjoy family time this summer, but what are they key things to look for when choosing your child friendly villa? Here are our top 5 tips
1. Distance from the Airport - We'd recommend no more than 30 minutes, after your flight then another half an hour in the car is probably enough even for the adults. From Nice Airport there are some great options in and around Valbonne.
2. Pool Security - In France it is a legal requirement that all pools have security, either an alarm, a hard cover, an infa-red barrier..if you come to a villa and there is no pool security then it's illegal. All of our villas confirm to French Pool security laws.
3. Garden - The South of France can be hilly and some gardens are just terraces. Many of our villas have flat lawned areas, idea for the children to play outside when it's not too hot.
4. Be Cool - Look for air-conditioning or fans in the bedrooms. If the children can't sleep because of the heat then everyone suffers. All of our villas have fans or aircon in the bedrooms.
5. Days Out - There are some great days out and attractions in the South of France for all of the family, there is a list of some of the key ones here
Have a great child friendly villa holiday in the South of France
Love the glitz and glamour of St Tropez but worried about the price tag? We have some great options for Summer 2019 including St Tropez villas to rent where you can enjoy an all inclusiuve holiday with meals and drinks included and your own private villa staff.
St Maxime, Grimaud and the private estate of Beauvallon are all within a few minutes drive or boat ride of St Tropez but come without the St Tropez premium rental rates. Our luxury rental villas offer stunning sea views, the cool of an air-conditioned interior and for some a Jacuzzi on the terrace.
Our St Tropez specialists are avilable to help you find your perfect luxury rental villa for summer 2019.
The South of France is one of the most popular European tourist destinations and many of our villa rental clients come back year after year to enjoy the Cote d'Azur. But if you've not visited before why would you choose the South of France over other holiday destinations?
1. Over 300 days of sunshine each year - Our long summer extends outside of the key July & August months and you can enjoy great weather and sunshine throughout the year.
2. Easy access - With daily direct flights throughout Europe and the US then it's easy to fly into Nice International Cote d'Azur airport. Or, if you prefer arrive by train using the high speed TGV network.
3. Food & Wine - Well of course, it's France. Enjoy amazing cuisine and sample some of the world's finest wines.
4. Out and about - There is so much to see and do in the South of France, for all of the family. From relaxing on the white sandy beaches to visiting wonderful art galleries and museums or perhaps one of the water parks.
5. Snow and Sand - If you visit during the winter months then you are a short drive away from some great skiing. The lower slopes of Greoliers are less than an hour from the Cote d'Azur with the higher resorts easily accessible. Spend one day on the slopes and then enjoy lunch on the beach.
If you are planning a holiday then these are all great reasons to visit the South of France and what better way than to book a private villa with pool, no crowds just simply the time to relax and enjoy.
Many of our rental guests do love it enough to buy a villa here in the South of France and because of our rental connections we often know about villas for sale well ahead of the competition - or, even in some cases a villa tthat is not actively for sale but where we know that the owner would consider selling.
Our unique approach to matching our rental clients (who love the South of France enough to buy) and the owners of our rental villas means that your buying your second home here on the Cote d'Azur is just a pleasure. And, if you'd like to capitalise on your investment then our rentals team are there to ensure a great return on your investment.
If you're thinking of buying or would like to chat to a sales specialist about the process, the costs and how it could work for you then contact our sales team.
No surprises - fix your exchange rate and know exactly what you have to pay. When you book your holiday and need to pay outside of your home country the exchange rate can mean the difference in a significant amout of holiday spending money. When you book with Cote d'Azur Villas you can fix the price of your villa and know exactly what you need to pay.
With our partners at Currencies Direct you can agree an exchange rate and know exactly what you have to pay. No nasty exhange rate surprises, you can budget for your holiday safe in the knowledge that any movement in the currency markets will not affect your South of France holiday this year.
We take the guess work out of the price of your villa holiday. Contact our rentals specialists today.
Sadly we have already had several clients calling our office who have been the victim of scam villa rental websites. Even the well known rental portals are not exempt from offering villas that do not exist.
Did you know:-
When you add a villa to rent on to one of the worldwide rental portals such as Home Away or Airbnb there is no check that you are actually the owner or that you have the right to rent the villa.
Each year in the South of France we see fake websites set up offering amazing villas at exceptional prices and the best advice is that if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.
So how can you be safe?
Do your research. Book using one of the local agencies where you can check that they actually exist. Pick one that speaks your native langauge so that you can ask all those relevant questions. Ask to see testimonials from satisfied clients. Check the terms and conditions. Pay using your credit card through a secure server (such as WorldPay) where if there are any issues you have added insurance.
Cote d'Azur Villas have over 13 years of experience and offer over 250 villas to rent in the South of France and Provence. We work and live in the region and we visit all of our villas personally. We're here from the time you make your first enquiry to the time you leave and go home having had a wonderful holiday.
Don't be the victim of a scam, call our rental team today - be safe and secure this summer.